Gilbert Mechanical’s Executive Leadership Team consists of three professional engineers who are committed to the success of each project. We take pride in the fact that our executive team is involved in all aspects of our business, including engineering and design, project management, and customer service.
P. Dan Gilbert, P.E.
Dan grew up in Madison, Wisconsin, where he completed his formal education at the University of Wisconsin Madison, graduating in 1966 with a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. He worked five years for Trane Co. and seven years at a local mechanical contracting business. In 1978 Dan started his own HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) business in St. Paul where the Company experienced steady growth. The Company first moved to Minneapolis and then finally in 1991, relocated to the present 30,000 sq. ft. building in Edina.
- Board of Directors for the Sheet metal (SMACNA) Contractors Association
- President of the Minnesota Mechanical Contractors Association.
- Distinguished Service Award from the MMCA.
- 23 years as trustee on the Plumbers and Pipefitters Health and Welfare Trust Fund.
- Four years developing and teaching at the University of Minnesota a class Buildings Energy Systems.
- 2008 University of Wisconsin-Madison Construction Club awarded Dan its Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 2009 University of Wisconsin Madison College of Engineering awarded Dan its Distinguished Achievement Award.
John Gorman, P.E., LEED AP
Vice President, Construction Division
John grew up in So. St. Paul, Minnesota. After graduating from high school in 1979, he attended the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs for two years, then returned to the University of Minnesota, graduating in 1984 with B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering. He worked two years for Harris Mechanical/Northstar Fire Protection then in 1986 joined Gilbert Mechanical. He is married to his high school sweetheart and has two daughters. John enjoys snowboarding, waterskiing and golf.
- Licensed engineer Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota
- Master competency cards warm air, steam, gas, and fire protection
- Past Board Member Minnesota Mechanical Contractors Association
- Past Member City of Eagan Planning Commission
- LEED accredited professional
- Member of ASHRAE & ASHE
Ed Dahlgren P.E.
Vice President, Service Division
Ed grew up in Northfield, Minnesota. After graduating from high school in 1985, he attended the University of Minnesota where he received a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1990. Ed joined Gilbert Mechanical immediately after finishing college and has worked here ever since.
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer
- Master competency cards warm air, gas, and refrigeration
- Served as President of the Minnesota Mechanical Contractors Association
- Board member of the Minneapolis Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee